Terms and Conditions
- Availability of the Site: Access to the Site is permitted at the Site Owner’s discretion. The Site Owner reserves the right to withdraw, amend, or restrict, the service we provide on this Site without notice.
- Unauthorized Uses: The Site Owner, in its sole discretion, may determine which uses of this Site are improper and/or unauthorized. The Site Owner may take any appropriate action in response to unauthorized uses of this Site, including but not limited to blocking any user of this Site.
You agree not to use this site to:
- make fraudulent statements or other misrepresentations;
- use this Site in violation of any legal duty to a third party;
- post, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any national or international statute, law, decree, rule and/or regulation;
- “stalk” or harass another person; or
- collect or store personal data about others.
- Not Health Advice
By using this Site you acknowledge that the material provided is for informational purposes only. Nothing on this website should be construed as or deemed to be advice or counsel regarding any health or medical condition, or the diagnosis or treatment of any health or medical condition. Users should not rely on the materials on this Site in deciding on a treatment plan, drug usage, or any other medical advice. Users are strongly urged to consult with a physician in connection with any and all treatment options.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THE SITE ARE “AS IS, WHERE IS” WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, OPERABILITY, OR LEGALITY OF THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE. IN ADDITION, THE SITE OWNER AND ITS AFFILIATES FULLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SATISFACTION OF ANY GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS REQUIRING DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ON MEDICAL DEVICE, PRESCRIPTION DRUG, OR HEALTH PRODUCTS. ANY WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY [ROCHE] PRODUCTS DESCRIBED ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES PROVIDED IN THE DOCUMENTS OF SALE OF SUCH PRODUCT, AND ANY LIMITATIONS INCLUDED THEREIN.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEBSITE LINKED THROUGH THIS SITE, AND ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITE OWNER OR ITS AGENTS, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, “AFFILIATES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM LOSS RELATED TO THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF THE SITE OWNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS. NONE OF THE SITE OWNER OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, OR FINANCIAL LOSSES ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN. IN THE EVENT ANY EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS LIMITED BY LAW, SUCH LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
ANY DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY THAT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ROCHE SEQUENCING SOLUTIONS, INC. [ROCHE] PRODUCTS DESCRIBED ON THIS SITE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES PROVIDED IN THE DOCUMENTS OF SALE OF SUCH PRODUCT, AND ANY LIMITATIONS INCLUDED THEREIN. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CORRECT HANDLING OF ANY [ROCHE] PRODUCTS AND MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE PACKAGE INSERT AND WARNINGS ON THE LABEL. [ROCHE] SHALL NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM WRONG HANDLING OF SUCH PRODUCTS.
- Third Party Content
Any link contained on this Site which provides access to third party resources or content is provided for convenience only. The Site Owner does not express any opinion on or endorsement of the content of any such third party links and expressly disclaims any liability for the quality, content, nature, or reliability of any such third party resources and the information, products and services found thereon.
- Copyright and Trademark
The Site Owner owns the copyright in all material and information contained on this Site unless otherwise indicated. This Site and all materials and information herein are for informational purposes only and are subject to all applicable U.S. and international copyright laws. Any reproduction, retransmission or other use is strictly prohibited. You may print one copy and may download extracts of any page(s) from the Site for your personal reference. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You must always acknowledge the Site Owner’s status (and that of any identified contributors) as the author of material on this Site. You must not use any part of the materials on the Site for commercial purposes without the Site Owner’s written permission.
The Site Owner is licensed to use all intellectual property in the content of this Site and reserves the right to pursue any intellectual property infringement in the courts of the country where the Site Owner suffers damage. No license is granted to you to use any trademark of the Site Owner or their Affiliates. You shall not assert any claim or ownership to any such trademarks.
- No Offers or Solicitations; Forward Looking Statements
The information provided on this Site does not constitute an offer of or solicitation for the purchase or disposal of, trading, or any transaction in any [Roche] securities. Investors must not rely on this information for investment decisions.
This Site may contain forward-looking information. Such information is subject to a variety of significant uncertainties, including scientific, business, economic and financial factors, and therefore actual results may differ significantly from those presented.
- Applicable Law: The courts of California will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Site, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. These Terms and Conditions are governed by California law.
- Void Where Prohibited: Although this Site and its content may be accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed on this Site are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. Any offer for any product or service herein or access to information made on this Site is void where prohibited by law. Accessing the Site from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited.
- Minors: The use of this Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. Moreover, any minor under the age of 18 should seek their parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to use of this website.
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions: The Site Owner reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by publishing the amended Terms and Conditions on the Site. You should visit this page from time to time to review updates to the Terms and Conditions that are binding on you. Certain Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular web pages visited by you or correspondence sent to you.
- Severability: If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then to the extent that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted. The remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect, and continue to be binding and enforceable. No waiver by [Roche] of breach of an obligation arising under these Terms and Conditions shall constitute a waiver of any other breach.
- Contact Information: Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding these Terms and Conditions, or any notices or complaints:
Roche Sequencing Solutions
4300 Hacienda Drive
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Policy
This website is owned and operated by Roche Sequencing Solutions (RSS) located at 4300 Hacienda Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588. RSS may update this notice at any time by publishing changes on this page. You should visit this page from time to time to review these updates.
What are cookies?
Cookies save you the trouble of reentering certain information in some registration areas, help to deliver content-specific information to you, and track which sections of the site are most popular. A ‘cookie’ is actually a file that our web server or the web server of one of our third-party partners may send to your computer when you access one of our sites. This file is then stored on your computer.
- After you have entered personal information into a form or data field on our site, cookies enable the site to ‘remember’ that information, should you so choose.
- Cookies and other passive information collection technologies enable us to deliver content that is tailored to your interests and preferences based on your past activity on the site.
- Cookies and other passive information collection technologies enable us to compile aggregate statistics concerning use of the site, analyze trends, and otherwise administer and improve the site.
What types of cookies and other tracking technologies do we use?
Our site may use the following types of cookies and tracking technologies, among others:
- “Session” cookies: Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used, for example, to improve navigation on our web sites, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (e.g., the site may remember previous entries of age that are outside the permitted parameters and block subsequent changes) and to collect aggregated statistical information.
- “Persistent” cookies: Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (e.g., Login ID), helping to determine what areas of the web site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the web site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis.
- “Web beacons” (also known as internet tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, and invisible GIFs): A web beacon is a piece of software code on a web page or in an e-mail message that is used to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web beacons tell the web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. Web beacons may be placed in online advertisements that bring people to our site and on different pages of our site. Web beacons provide us with information on how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
- Our site uses two Google Analytics Advertising Display Features, which are collect information through cookies: Remarketing with Google Analytics and Demographics and Interests reporting. If you would like to opt-out of having your data used by these cookies, please use the Google Analytics opt-out available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Other information on opt-outs for targeted advertisement delivery is available below.
Why do we allow third-party partners to place cookies on your computer?
Like most advertisers, we place advertisements where we think they will be most relevant to customers. One way we do so is by allowing network advertising companies with whom we work to place their own cookies when an individual visits our site. This enables the network advertising company to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. When the individual visits a third-party web site on which that network advertising company has purchased ad space, the advertising company can then recognize the individual’s interest in [Roche] products and services and deliver one of our advertisements.
How does our site respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals?
Certain web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to RSS about how or whether RSS or third parties may collect information about your online activities. Currently, RSS does not respond to such signals.
What choices do you have regarding the delivery of targeted advertisements on third-party sites?
The Digital Advertising Alliance (www.AboutAds.info/choices) and European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (www.youronlinechoices.com) maintain websites where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the network advertising companies participating in the program.
- General Privacy Statement
This website is not designed or intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of 13 without the prior, verifiable consent of a parent or guardian. Such parent or guardian has the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and require that it be deleted. Moreover, anyone under 18 years old should seek their parent's or guardian's permission prior to using or disclosing any Personally Identifiable Information on this website or online resource.
- Information Collected
- Our Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information
Any Personally Identifiable Information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- For the business purposes of RSS or our business partners, including legally authorized marketing, sales, operational, and financial activities.
- To comply with any requests from you, including requests to complete a transaction, receive certain information, or share content from this website with another individual.
- To better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services.
- To communicate with you about products or services that you might find interesting.
- To tailor your experience on our website.
Where permitted by our arrangements with service providers, we may combine the Personally Identifiable Information you share through this website with other information you have shared with us, both online and offline. We may also combine this Personally Identifiable Information with records provided by third parties. We use this consolidated information to help us better design RSS products, to communicate information to you, to enhance our marketing and research activities, and to facilitate other business functions.
- Sharing with Third Parties, Subsidiaries, and Affiliates
We may share Personally Identifiable Information about you with our subsidiaries and affiliates. In addition, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with outside third parties solely for the following purposes:
- To help fulfill RSS business transactions.
- To conduct technical maintenance of our websites and other platforms.
- To facilitate a merger, consolidation, transfer of control or other corporate reorganization in which RSS participates.
- To respond to appropriate requests of legitimate government authorities, or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations.
- Where needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
- Social Plugins
This site may use social plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our site, the operator of the social plugin may be able to place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. If you are logged into the associated social media web site (e.g., Facebook) while browsing on our web site, the social plugin allows that social media web site to receive information that you have visited our web site. The social plugin may also allow the social media web site to share information about your activities on our web site with other users of their social media web site. For more information about the information shared via a particular social media plugin, you should refer to that social media site’s privacy statement.
- Do Not Track Signals
Certain web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to [Roche] about how or whether RSS or third parties may collect information about your online activities. Currently, RSS does not respond to such signals.
- Use of Personally Identifiable Information for Marketing
- Data Security
RSS and its business partners take reasonable steps to protect Personally Identifiable Information we access or receive through this website from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Nevertheless, RSS makes no guarantee as to the security of your Personally Identifiable Information and disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability and damages caused by loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We recommend that you take any available precautions to protect Personally Identifiable Information you submit on this website.
- Data Accuracy
We want to be sure that we keep only the most accurate and up-to-date information about you in our records. Therefore, whenever you believe that your contact information needs to be updated, you can e-mail us to correct or update your contact information.
- Notice, Choice and Control
If you opt-in for particular services or communications, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication or contacting us at any time at the contact information below. If you decide to unsubscribe from a service or communication, we will work to remove your information promptly.
- Accessing Your Personally Identifiable Information
RSS is committed to respecting your right to access and correct your Personally Identifiable Information. You can contact us at the contact information provided below and we will be happy to assist you. RSS may limit or deny access to Personally Identifiable Information where providing such access would be unreasonably burdensome or expensive, or as otherwise provided by law. In some circumstances, RSS may charge a reasonable fee, where warranted, for access to and other requests regarding Personally Identifiable Information.
- International Transfers of Your Personally Identifiable Information
Any Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us through your use of this website may be transferred to or stored in the United States, which may impose different privacy obligations than your country of origin.
- Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to:
Roche Sequencing Solutions
C/O Privacy Officer
4300 Hacienda Drive
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Be sure to include your name and address; you can include your email address if you want to receive a response by email. Otherwise, we will respond by postal mail within the time required by law.
Roche Sequencing Solutions
C/O Privacy Officer
4300 Hacienda Drive
Pleasanton, CA 94588